SOPHISTICATED, CUSTOMIZED, AND DEPENDABLE
COLD CHAIN SOLUTIONS SINCE 2005
WHO WE ARE
The value proposition of Glacier Megafridge Inc. (GMI) is to align the supply and demand of perishable products thru quality preservation. Making logistics management acceptable and affordable has been GMI’s mission for the last 15 years.
Because GMI sees warehousing management as a priority to establish an integrated logistics environment, the first five (5) cold storage facilities were constructed, maintained, and operated in Paranaque, Roosevelt Quezon City, Taguig and other emerging cities in Bicol and Panay. Each plant has multiple room storages with different sizes, multiple controlled operating temperatures and other warehousing environment features .
GMI also believes that the velocity of moving the goods at the right quantity and logistics cost is vital for its client to compete in the ever changing market. Warehouses and yards are designed to increase the velocity of bringing the product to the stores with the right quantity at the right time
FROM FARM TO MARKET
“Strengthening the cold chain structure will shift sourcing of household food from canned to refrigerated preservation. In the long run, the same cold chain will be the channel for organic food. The shift in food consumption behaviour can influence better prices, quality, and availability to enhance the wealth existence of each individual.”
– William Tieng, Glacier Megafridge Group Chairman || Arturo C. Yan, President
- Local commodities and produce are picked up from various ports and farms nationwide.
- Perishable products are then housed inside Glacier’s cold storage warehouses located in various cities and provinces.
- Products are then transported via vessel (RORO) or airplane.
- Products are brought to and stored in Glacier’s cold storage facilities located in the North, East, West, and South of Metro Manila.
- Finally, these products are delivered and distributed to commercial establishments such as malls, supermarkets, convenient stores and the like.
Glacier Megafridge Inc. links agricultural regions with food manufacturers through a system of processing and packaging, logistics and transport support, cold storage facilities, and trading operations.
Each facility is strategically located to serve specific marketing channels of wholesalers, retailers, manufacturers, and aggregate traders producing high value agricultural products. Glacier Megafridge Inc. provides third party logistics through integrated operation, warehousing, and transportation services that can be scaled and customized according to its clients’ needs.